Flashback: July 22, 2012, I poured my heart out through my blog “How can a Mortgage Broker Mend a Buyer’s Broken Heart.”
After getting a three fifteen-day extension from the HUD and directing the buyer to the correct Bureau of Homeland Security website from which he was able to get a stamped replacement card on the day of his interview, my buyer’s home ownership dream has been resuscitated.
The transaction showed pulses or signs of life. I would attribute the stabilzing green light on the monitor to the following:
1) The buyer’s patience, cooperation and will power
2) The buyer’s agent’s determination, knowledge and competency
3) The buyer’s loan officer’s support and efficiency
4) The HUD closing agent’s cooperation and understanding
5) The buyer’s agent’s lawyer’s and HUD lawyer’s effective communication
I am thankful that I became a huge key player in this tough sojourn in trying to help my buyer obtain his first home because this strengthened my mantra: NEVER GIVE UP.
Do not code a transaction DNR(do not resuscitate).
Do not pull the plug quickly.
Do not lose hope.
Of course, NOT GIVING UP has its limitation.
Use this Resuscitate Algorithm before you raise the White Flag of Surrender
The roadblocks were extinguished. All the pains and anguish were vanquished– when we closed last week.